Use of Information
Ingram Micro may use your Personal Data for a variety of purposes (the “Purposes”), including to:
- Register you as a new customer;
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Website and our Offerings, including to operate certain features and functionality of the Website;
- Understand user preferences to enhance users’ experience with Ingram Micro and its Affiliates, contractors, and business partners;
- Research and analyze the effectiveness of the Website and the marketing, advertising and sales efforts of Ingram Micro, its Affiliates, contractors, and business partners;
- Collect account receivables owed by customers of Ingram Micro;
- Process orders and deliveries and payments made through the Website;
- Develop additional Offerings;
- Process job applications;
- Comply with a legal obligation or respond to lawful requests by public authorities (including national security or law enforcement requirements);
- Manage our everyday business needs;
- Prosecute and/or defend a court, arbitration or similar legal proceedings;
- Communicate directly with you by sending you newsletters, surveys, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services on an ongoing basis in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email or by contacting us using the “Questions and Contact Information” details below.
- Communicate directly with you by phone to respond to customer service inquiries or comments through the Website, social media or otherwise, to discuss issues relating to your account or the Website, and to provide customer support.
- Deliver advertising to you, including to help advertisers and publishers serve and manage ads on the Website or on third-party sites, and to tailor ads based on your interests and browsing histories. Please see the section on Cookies and Other Website Usage Information for additional information related to such advertising and your related controls;
- Monitor and record your call, emails and text messages, social media messages and other communications in relation to your dealings with us;
- Comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and law enforcement agencies;
- Compile aggregated statistics about the operation and use of our Website and to better understand the preferences of the visitors of our Website; and
- Other Purposes: To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.
We may combine and enhance the Personal Data we collect about you with other information we receive from third parties.
We may also use the Personal Data we collect about you through the Website to generate anonymized, aggregated data. When we do so, we ensure that the anonymized, aggregated data is no longer personally identifiable and may not later be used to identify you. This will include, by way of example, storing the anonymized, aggregated data separately from any Personal Data.
Change of Purpose. We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Credit Reference Checks, Fraud Prevention, and Denied Parties. The Personal Data that we have collected from you when setting up an account may be shared with credit reference, fraud prevention, and denied party agencies who use it to prevent fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity.
We may access and use information from credit reference and denied party agencies when you open your account and periodically to:
- manage and take decisions about your account, including assessing your creditworthiness;
- prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering;
- check your identity and verify the accuracy of the information you provide to us; and
- trace debtors and recover debts.
Application decisions may be taken based solely on automated checks of information from credit reference agencies and internal records.
We will continue to share information with credit reference agencies about how you manage your account including any default in making payments, while you have a relationship with us. This information will be made available to other organizations so that they can take decisions about you.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and/or fraud is identified or suspected, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies, law enforcement agencies and other organizations may access and use this information.
If we, or a fraud prevention agency, determine that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk, we may refuse to provide services to you.
A record of any fraud or money laundering risk will be retained by the fraud prevention agencies and may result in others refusing to provide services or financing to you. Fraud prevention agencies can hold your information for different periods of time.
When credit reference, fraud prevention, and denied party agencies process your information, they do so on the basis that they have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify identity, in order to protect their business and to comply with laws that apply to them.
back to top